Project Location: Birulia, Savar, Dhaka
Project Duration: 24 Months
Number of Beneficiary: 150
Aim: The Targeting Ultra Poor (TUP) Project aims at assisting the ultra-poor population living in rural (Birulia, Savar, Dhaka) of Bangladesh.
Objective: The main objective of the project is to enhance 150 HHs rural dwellers accessing to skills training and capacity enhancement for creating livelihood opportunities and contribute in socio economic development. The specific objectives are as below-
- To rescue the ultra-poor from the vicious cycle of extreme poverty and make them self-reliant
- To educate and empower under-privileged and suffering humanity
- To develop dormant potentials of the uncared and destitute people
- To develop awareness regarding values, rights, freedom, importance of education, health and other basic needs
- Support for immediate consumption
- An asset grant to kick start an economic activity.
- Provide skills training
- Basic health care assistance
- Access to financial services.
SAWAB is implementing the project in our targeted villages through establishing the project offices consisting of 1 program officer, Field Assistant and Accountant. The project is being supervised and monitored centrally from its Dhaka office through its standard M&E framework and its Monitoring department that monitor all of the development programs to make sure that the programs are being implemented as per plan maintaining international standard in its operations and achieve its intended goals.
There will be regular monitoring of the graduates’ livelihood activities in the community from there a number of graduates will be developed as the local entrepreneur with their skills and know how that will be continued in the long run.